I love the temple. Having lost a sister recently and having my own little family now has made me appreciate all the more the work done, the promises made, and the blessings given therein.
I now realize how spoiled I've been, always living anywhere from 5-15 minutes or 1-2 hours from a temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And now it is about 4-5 hours to get to the nearest ones; especially hard travelling with a young child. But if I start to feel sorry for myself or don't want to make the effort to go, I remember that there are those that have and still do sacrifice much more than a day and an easily purchased tank of gas to go to the temple.
Raleigh, North Carolina Temple; February, 2010
I had been hearing of the "small temples" for a while now, but this was the first time we'd been to one. And it surprised me how small it really was! Still, the spirit felt there was the same.
Washington, D.C. Temple; November 2009: Our first temple trip since moving out here and having Ked. Rainy, cloudy day, but beautiful experience!


1 comment:
I thought the Provo Temple was the first small temple, but I guess they got even smaller after that. Wait, the San Diego Temple is a small temple, and you've been there!
So what did Ked do while you both were in the Temple? Or did you do what my friends do: one stays outside with the baby and swaps as each parent does a session? Love, MOM
Post a Comment