Thursday, October 14, 2010

Can Stacking

For the last few weeks, Ked (13 months) has been stacking cans. (Of course the only place he wants to stack them is on our living room table! I guess it's a good thing it was already dinged up when we got it.) He carries them from the kitchen, one at a time. I love watching him figure out how to stack them so they "connect." He's more successful some times than others.

Three cans had always been as high as he'd tried until I was watching him this time.

Second try success! And he's back to the kitchen for another. . .
The leaning tower of Ked.

This is a split-second before the mean mommy ended the game and the little boy cried. Notice that's a 29 ounce can in his hands.


Before he started stacking cans, he was just "setting the table" from any kitchen item he could reach. He still does this, and I love watching him walk back and forth with different items while I work in the kitchen. And I especially love that he is now sometimes putting things back too!
For a month or so, I've been meaning to put these things somewhere out of his reach, but now I'm not sure I want to (though the heavy cans definitely concern me). The bananas were NOT supposed to be within his reach, though--he got those off the table. And proceeded to take a few bites off the top and spit them out.

10/5/2010: Ked 13 months

5 comments:

Monica said...

Wow. This is so cool. Ked deserves a serious set of blocks. Although you'd almost hate to stifle the creativity. Does he already have blocks?

haley said...

That is so cute. Sounds like a future civil engineer!

MOM/Kandy said...

Ho ho, that stacking stunt brought some good laughs, Amber. Has he tried stacking on the kitchen floor where he can reach higher? Notice his eyes closed when things start to fall. Trouble with cans is the weight and landing on a toe would not be good. Yes, time to get him blocks! :)

Erin said...

Wow is he a cutie! Not that any kid of yours wouldn't be! :)

wendyann said...

These make me way too nervous...