Thursday, October 14, 2010

Attachment

The question is, who is more attached to the pacifiers - him or me?!9/6/10; 12 months
The technical rule is that Ked only gets the pacifier at nap/bed time. But there are also "a few" exceptions. . . like when I'm trying to keep him quiet while in church, or while I'm on the phone, or when we have visitors, or when we're visiting someone else, or when he's not feeling well, or when he's unusually grumpy or clingy. . . so, yea, pretty much any time.

For months, Ked has thrown his pacifiers out of the bed to show that he's ready to get out (willing to give them up). My first indication that Ked is awake is hearing his pacifier hit the ground. He usually keeps an eye on where he threw them out and gets one the first chance he can. It's pretty funny to watch him search for one that I discretely picked up. When he realized that I was picking them up before he could get to them, he started throwing them in different spots. Sometimes it works--he can find them before I can. But then he's also pretty good about dropping them in the bed when I ask him to. ("Drop your pacifier" is one of the first phrases that I could tell he at least kind of understood.)

No comments: