Cancelled school, cancelled baby shower, cancelled church, cancelled stake conference, cancelled Valentine's dinner and dance. . . at least the electricity (and heat!) hasn't been "cancelled". . . yet!
When we had first moved here and were being helped getting moved in, a guy carrying Sam's snowboard commented, "You won't be using this here." And I was told repetitively that it hardly snows here. However, we just happened to arrive here the year the snow fall easily rivals even the last two years of record breaking snow we had in Utah before moving here. And they aren't used to dealing with it here, so it can make things a little more interesting.
The above pictures are from the first good snow back in December.
This is the current view from our kitchen window, thanks to people shoveling their cars out after multiple recent snow storms.
These pictures below are from our upstairs neighbors' window, taken yesterday after multiple snow storms and melts. This explains why I no longer stand right outside the front door with Ked, just to look around. Especially yesterday when the winds were fierce and icicles were shattering all over!
Our parking lot had just been plowed, and a lot had melted the day before.
Doesn't look so bad now, but I've been very glad that Sam can walk and ride the bus to school (when the hilly roads are scarier than the thought of walking is), that we have a warm (relative to the outside) home, can afford the outrageous heating bill from last month (and hopefully this month), and have a grocery store nearby.


8 comments:
Beautiful pictures. Even more beautiful that I live in sunny So. Cal.
From: the wimpiest of cold weather
Monica, now you know why I was extra happy to go home to the green, sunny ranch in Jan. I always expected to live somewhere warm, but Sam is gently exposing me to the fact that it probably won't happen. Especially if we end up in Iceland! (Which he may not pursue now anyway.) I've decided I can handle somewhere as cold and cloudy as here or Provo, but no worse!
i see snowmen in your future! that's a grip load of snow, girl!!!
That's crazy, Ambs! I cannot believe how much snow you have! My kids would go crazy with that. Especially since it's not usual weather for that area. Be safe and stay warm!
Crazy snow, I'm glad you guys are doing okay!
That's incredible, Amber! We're so glad you are safe and warm and have power!
Yes, Ambs- lots to be grateful for even amidst the snow! And with all the cancelled events, you at least get more time together with your adorable family! Keep cozy!
It looks fun...and cold! Our first year in Colorado we heard it doesn't snow too much where we lived, even a little less than Utah. And we had a HORRIBLE winter. It dumped snow on us one weekend, and then snowed every weekend for the next two months. Crazy. But, the last few years have been so mild and wimpy that I miss the snow. I wish it looked like Virginia right now!
Post a Comment