Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sam at Work

This is Sam hard at work doing research with rammed aggregate piers (Geopiers) at his lab at Virginia Tech. (He does stuff indoors as well.) I don't totally understand what he does, but basically he plays with sand, gravel, metal piping, and water. Kind of like a sandbox for grownups. And he puts stuff in big ovens and weighs sand and gravel on scales.

His other research is all computer-based, which is nice for it's flexibility and so he can work from home. As long as I don't bug him--like here when I distracted him.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Cool to see.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about working from home. Andrew does now too...nice, but sometimes I have a hard time focusing on things I need to do, so I talk to him. It is like I keep forgetting he is at work. Oh well. Hope you are feeling well!