Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cascade Falls, July 19, 2009


We took a beautiful two mile hike (one way) to Cascade Falls. Sam was very patient with my slow pace and frequent rests.


I was pretty excited to see begonias growing in the wild. (And I just love the moss and the trees.) Sam pretended to share my enthusiasm.


Belly shot: 34 weeks along
The trail had a lot of stone trails and stone steps and followed the river the whole time. Really a thoroughly enjoyable hike.


The falls are 66 feet high. You could get pretty close to them without getting too wet.


Sam contemplating a swim. Right beyond the shelf was a deep swimming hole. We'd planned to go swimming, but I wimped out because it was little chilly and I was already a bit uncomfortable. There was also a place where some people were sliding down the gently slanted slippery rock that looked pretty fun.


Beautiful wild rhododendrons. There's another reason I took this picture, but I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

bethellen said...

You have piqued my curiosity. Why else did you take the picture of the rhododendron? If you can't tell, I will understand, but I'm really curious.... I miss you! I can't wait to hear about the little guy!

MOM/Kandy said...

Wow Amber!

Cute braid in your hair in the top photo!

Love, MOM