Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shots

I was a little annoyed Tuesday when the nurse told me they'd run out of a particular vaccine, and we'd have to bring Ked back for one more shot. And repeat the whole tortured process. So I brought him in today, alone, without Sam, to once again endure the tortured squirms and cries of my poor baby. The nurse had him smiling and laughing as she got him prepped. (It almost seems wrong to play with them before you inflict them with pain, but I do the same thing.)

The needle went in carefully. The shot was slowly delivered.
Ked paused, then grimaced.
The needle was slipped out.
Ked looked.

And then laughed.

Just what exactly are they putting in vaccines these days?
I hope we get that nurse for his next shots.

2 comments:

Caity said...

That is a good question. I haven't ever had a child laugh after getting a vaccine. How funny!

Caity said...

P.S. I'm by my mom right now (Aunt Pam) and we both said, "Oh my goodness! What a cutie!"

Seriously, so cute!