Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nauvoo, Dec. 26, 2009

Ginger always comes to my mind anytime I am in Nauvoo. She spent a semester studying there and loved the place and the history associated with it. I'm sure she was so excited when they announced the building of the temple there. I was looking forward to getting to talk to her about my experiences there, knowing I would be seeing it soon after I was married to Sam. She passed away a short time before I made it there the first time, making the experience bittersweet. But more sweet than bitter, especially since the temple is a great reminder that families can be eternal, and I know my sisterly bond to her is just that. I still wish I could talk to her about it (and a great many more things!) in the present, but I know I will see her again some day and that she will still be my sister.

We were grateful to be there for Guy's endowment in the Nauvoo temple before he leaves on his mission to Brazil. We were also grateful that of the three carloads of us going, everyone made it safely despite all the snowy road conditions!

It was freezing! But a beautiful day just the same.

No comments: