Tyndale is a cuddler, which I LOVE, but it also means my shirts are frequently covered in marks of drool and slime. And baby food, since I often feed him while holding him.
The terrain was hilly where we went camping recently, and beginning-walker Tyndale took a lot of falls. After a particularly bad down-hill face plant, I quickly scooped him up and held him as he cried with his face in my shoulder. I ignored his fists full of dirt and plant material and the wet debris all over his little body and just held him tight. It took me a moment to realize that he had a bloody lip, but I didn't realize until much later in the day how much he had bled on my shoulder. Call it my motherhood badge of honor. I got to comfort my child. (If you could see well, you'd also notice the remnants of his breakfast on my shoulder.)


3 comments:
Chels said...
I love this blog. More than that I love the person who writes it and is a true mother. I'm mad we never got together. It was so crazy at the end and we have finally settled in Denver and left Bluefield forever. I am so sorry I never got to say goodbye! I love your family and every post you write.
Great post! Reminds me of Sis. Hinckley's quote about wanting peanut butter stained shirts from feeding hungry children rather than the latest fashions and dirt under her nails from helping a friend garden rather than manicured fingernails. Something to that effect. Love the entire message.
Post a Comment