Fried eggs in his favorite shapes for breakfast. I was hoping he'd be more likely to eat them this way. It actually worked!
I had grand plans of making a train cake for Ked, but Tyndale was four weeks old, and when it came down to it, I was exhausted and short on time. So here is Ked climbing up the oven peering at my half-hearted attempt. Thankfully, he'd recognized it as a train when it was just three plain little cakes. Of course, this is the boy that can take any object and imagine it into a train, airplane, or helicopter. The engine was especially pathetic, so I'm happy it's cut off in this picture. All he wanted were the marshmallows, anyway!
Second-hand trains from the consignment store were all Ked got for his birthday (they are so expensive new!)--wrapped individually, of course--but boy, was he happy about them. Sam and I have noticed that sometimes when Ked is really intrigued by something (or excited), he doesn't show a lot of emotion. He's just kind of sober and thoughtful (or dazed). This was the case with the trains, and he played with them day and night for a few days, even trying to sleep with them. They are still (two months later) something he plays with almost all day, every day.


1 comment:
Brilliant idea with the eggs, Amber!
Post a Comment