Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keeping Mom Busy

(Ked) One day I figured out how to move the chairs all around the house and get into anything I couldn't normally reach--top drawers, shelves, the sink, the stove--and I could get onto the kitchen table even when Mom and Dad remembered to push their chairs in.
(Ked, 12/1/2011; 15 months)
It was great until Mom hid all the chairs in the back room (and subsequently got holes in the knees of her jeans from kneeling down at the kitchen table all the time).


Then I figured out I could still use my push car to get a few places. That worked until Dad added child-proof latches to the upper drawers too.
(Ked 12/5/ 2010; 15 months)


Then I figured out I could open the oven door, climb on top of it, and play both in the oven and on the stove! Mom does NOT like this, but so far she hasn't been able to figure out a way to keep me out of it, except to guard it very carefully when anything is hot. She's glad I can't reach to turn anything on.
(Ked 12/8/ 2010; 15 months)


Mom turns the desk chair on it's side so I don't get into everything on the top of the desk, and so I can't hit the button on the computer that makes it crash every time. (She doesn't even know what button I push, but I hit it all the time!) I don't get upset when she turns the chair over (like I do when she takes the other chairs away), because at least it gives me my own personal jungle gym.
(Ked 12/5/ 2010; 15 months)

3 comments:

haley said...

That is fantastic.

Dayna Slack said...

I love reading your blog. It cracks me up. I also like reading it because then I get a since of what is coming for us. Anna is a little climber, mischief maker herself. Ked 6 months ahead of her. So funny. Maybe they will marry.

wendyann said...

That is SO funny! He is quite the clever little guy.

Is that the stove burner on the floor by the chair???

Don't ever leave the kitchen when you're cooking!