On our drive moving out to Virginia, we spent two days in Iowa with Sam's family. We were just in time to get some of their famous rhubarb pie.
Ginny, Amy, Mama L, Gordon

Doris and Estel came for a visit. Here with Josh, Melissa, and Morgan.

He probably just wanted my pillow, but I was flattered that Eli wanted to come be next to us. I fell asleep watching home videos, and the next think I knew, I was the only one on the floor and their home teacher was in the middle of giving a lesson. Kind of embarrassing. . . I'm not usually such a heavy sleeper.


We went to check out a train that had derailed. Sam, Guy, and Gordon had fun climbing on top and jumping from car to car. I was a little jealous I couldn't join them. (And a little nervous about some of their jumps.)

The day we left Iowa, we stayed the night in Kentucky with Brandi and Alan and Alan's family. That was a treat as well. Too bad I didn't get any pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment