Friday, February 6, 2009

Choo-choo Train Heartbeat

(excerpt from my journal 2/08/09)
It seemed like it was taking the nurse forever to find the baby's heart beat at my first doctor's appointment (11 weeks along). For a few seconds I panicked and even wondered if I'd made this whole pregnancy thing up (weight gain and all), but of course I was just a little too excited. Then I heard the "choo-choo train" sound I'd heard about. I can't really describe the feeling of having a little more evidence of something (someone!) living and growing inside of me. I couldn't help smiling in awe and excitement. It only lasted a few seconds and then moved away. It was disappointing to be over so quickly, but still pretty amazing. (For the record, at my next appt. a month later, the nurse named mine the "favorite baby of the day" for being the easiest little heart beat to find.)

No comments: