Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Fun

Sam and I went to Rock Canyon Park to play in the snow a couple of weeks ago. You can see that we still only have the bibs from Mom that are from the 70's. Stylish, I know. We are both new to the snowboard, but had a lot of fun with it.

Monday Sam suggested we hike up Rock Canyon trail and then sled back down on his snowboard--with us both sitting down on it. I had my doubts, but it was tons of fun. A bit painful (we'd recommend using padding), but quite the ride. Afterward, we hiked back up just a bit and tried actual snowboarding again, which was difficult on the packed down path with ruts. Sam did well, but I got going a little too fast. I pathetically yelled for Sam to catch me. He really tried, but I tried to turn to stop and took a very painful fall. One of those times where you can't talk or you'll cry. Fortunately, just bruises on my backside.







2 comments:

Monica said...

Sorry for the bruises. I would have been scared, but looks like you had a blast. Great pix! For the record, I like the 70's bibs. You look very cool!

MOM/Kandy said...

Yes, the light blue ones were Dad's and mine were an orangey-yellow. I don't know where we got the dark blue ones. Love, MOM