Winks tagged me, so here we go. . .
I am: Amber
I think: I actually need team sports (despite my lack of ability). Any other method of exercise is not nearly as invigorating, enjoyable, or as good a workout for me.
I have: 37 nieces and nephews (34 on the Z side, 3 on Sam's side). (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
I dislike: dim lighting, sea food, mayonnaise, egg yoke (unless it's scrambled with the white part), uncomfortable clothes, being cold all the time
I miss: all my family, especially those I didn't get to see at Christmas
I fear: "nothing, when I am in the right!" (Quick, Buddy, what movie is that from?) Actually I sometimes really fear the phone. I can get nervous just calling someone to set up a visiting teaching appointment or calling an old friend. If it's about a job or calling a parent of one of my students, a lot of times I have to write down what I'm going to say before I call. And stare at the phone for many minutes. I'm definitely not as bad as I used to be, but it can still be pretty pathetic.
I feel: awful right now. Sam and I either have food poisoning or the flu. Why don't I appreciate my good health when I have it?
I hear: Sam attempting to eat oatmeal, but he says it's exhausted him just eating half the bowl of his instant packet.
I smell: like the food I cook. (If I cook anything with onions, garlic, etc., my coat or sweater soaks up the aroma.)
I crave: fruit and vegetables normally, but my junk food cravings often win.
I cry: more than I used to, and I'm getting worse at hiding it
I usually: sleep with my pillow over my head; prefer my fruit and drinks (water and juice) lukewarm
I search: for information about my great, great grandfather, George B. Reid. Okay, so I haven't done much research yet, but I've been promising Grandma for a year. I'm determined to really dig in now.
I wonder: where Sam and I will be next year (for his grad school)--UC Davis, BYU, Virginia Tech, or somewhere else?
I regret: missed opportunities to serve/befriend others
I wish: I could speak Spanish a lot more fluently and that I had a space to grow a garden
I love: the gospel, Sam, my family, being outdoors, BYU Creamery's fresh made salsa (except the thought of it right now....)
I care: about how Winks is doing
I always: notice trees
I worry: about the USA's trend towards emphasizing rights and freedom without putting emphasis on personal responsibility, and the climb towards socialism.
I am not: as young as people who don't know think I am (parents of my students, the lunch ladies who give me student prices until corrected, temple workers, neighbors, etc.)
I stand by: the heater. I am always cold!
I remember: good times with my sister Ginger and her goodness.
I believe: in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ
I sing: while I play my guitar or ukulele
I don't always: treat others as kindly as I intend to
I write: songs and in my journal (somewhat obsessively)
I win: when Sam and I try to give each other the most bounce on the trampoline (actually, that's not as true as it used to be--I think he's figured it out)
I lose: every time I play against Melissa (sister-in-law)
I listen: better if I'm not multi-tasking. I've discovered that I can't even cook and talk (listen) to Sam at the same time, unless it's something I've made many times before. I've also noticed that I am a very one-track minded person. When someone suddenly starts talking to me, I often give a blank look (or a much-delayed answer) until I can switch my brain to drop my last thought and think about the new stimulus).
I can usually be found: at home or school (teaching). Or at Macey's grocery store. I love that place!
I need: sunlight and warmth
I forget: to turn off the lights on Sam's car (mine turn off automatically). Fortunately, he's caught it twice, and someone was around to give me a jump start the other time.
I am happy: when I take time to recognize the many blessings I've received and work to be worthy of them.
I tag. . . Jason Z and Beth
Back to the New Brookfield's Hotel, Freetown
-
Thursday, April 26, 2018
*First, a note about home:* We were very sad last night to learn of the
passing of a lovely man in our ward, Jack Regas. I don’t...
8 years ago


4 comments:
Amber...I loved reading everything about you. It was so fun...and I agree about the phone. I just prefer to not talk on it. Even now...I am going with this girl in my ward to Enrichment, and I need to call her because it is in two days. I will tomorrow. And Macey's is my favorite store. I miss it. And as for the garden, have you looked into sqaure foot gardening? I did it last year...but not with the special soil, just normal, and it was so fun! I loved it. Have a wonderful day!
Don't feel bad. Melissa beats everyone at games. Everyone.
Ambs, I loved all of your posts!! It's been forever since I've been on at all, but I'm getting back to it.
Seeing the ranch, Christmas at home, the kids, the tramp... all of it was bittersweet. We need you guys out here with us!! :) How are you?? I heard (from your blog and from Heidi) that you and Sam had the flu.... not fun! I hope you're better!! Love ya!
Gee, Amber! That was great!
I thought it was just Heidi and I who get nervous talking on the phone! I literally start sweating even on cold days!
Now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment about. I think I will copy and send it to all the kids by email with my notes attached. If I CAN copy it!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment