Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Snakes, Teenage Girls, and Two of my Cuties

(copied from BBW blog)

I was recently asked to head the program for young women (teenagers) in our church. I've been both very intimidated and totally thrilled.  It's a big responsibility and time commitment, but I am totally loving it, and Sam is very supportive, which is crucial.  So neat to be able to have a part in the growth of the girls' faith in Jesus Christ and determination to follow Him.  Of course, it's a big growing experience for me too.  And humbling!
This last week was a week-long outdoor camp for the girls.  I could only go a day (because of nursing), but it was a neat experience.  I thought this snake was a strip of tire while I walked alongside it a few feet away.  I've always liked snakes (my mom's a great snake catcher), but here I don't know a poisonous one from a non-poisonous one, so they are all a little more scary to me.  

And thus we see why I wash all the big utensils right before they are used.  This is Tyn's favorite playground.  
 
Tyn (10 1/2 months) has taken a few steps here and there, but still has a ways to go before really walking, I think.  But he is a little mountain goat climber, and we have found him in some precarious situations, which is scary!

Ked has decided that sometimes he likes the hardwood floor more than his bed.

3 comments:

Amy Lydia said...

The boys are getting SO big! And Tyn is practically unrecognizable, he is looking sooooo old!

Heidi said...

That snake looks scary to me! Good idea to stay away from it. I can't believe how big Tyndale is. He is so darn cute. And Ked is so big too. When are we ever going to see you guys?? I keep forgetting that you are the YW Pres, ambs! I bet the girls just love you. That is such a busy calling. I know you will be so great for that program and such a great example of a wife and mother. Love and miss you!

Morgan Lasley said...

Tyn looks remarkably like Sam did as a little kid.