Our new home. Cheaper rent than our old 2-BR apartment (well, until you add utilities. . .), but 3 bedrooms, basement storage, much bigger kitchen, a balcony deck, a yard to call our own, parking right next to the door, and best of all, a washer and dryer. Lovin' it!
Sam with Ked playing in the sprinkler. (Another couple lives below us, which is one of the downsides, since the place is old and rickety and I'm sure we drive them crazy with all the noise we make on the hardwood floors. . . but they are nice!)
And yes, the day I have been waiting for!!!! A garden to call my own. Okay, so it's really small and doesn't get quite as many hours of sun as it should, but it's something, and I'm also putting garden containers on the balcony deck--the place even came with some!
36 weeks along
The Opportunistic Cowboy
Sometimes I think Ked purposely spills food so that I get down to clean it up and he can climb on top of me. This morning he even said, "G'yup!" when he got on.
His Enemy, My Love
I originally probably thought it was a little odd when my sister Ginger posted a picture of her "new best friends"--a washer and dryer--on her blog. http://jasondgingerd.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-new-best-friends.html Obviously that was before I had a kid. I LOVE having a washer and dryer.
Only problem is that this one buzzes REALLY loud and long when it's done (with no option to not have it come on, until we open it up and get to the wires. . . ). Ked is already known for being really sensitive to loud noises. He doesn't get as terrified as when we first moved in, and has learned to cover his ears, but it's still a little traumatic. This picture was taken probably half a minute after the buzzer had been off.


9 comments:
I hear you! When we started renting this place in Jan and I finally had my own washer and dryer for the first time ever I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It sure makes life so much easier, especially with two!
Congratulations on the new move. Your house looks really nice and I'm sure it will be extra nice to have the washer when Baby #2 gets here.
We love you and miss you!
The house looks awesome! And look at you all cute and just about ready to pop! Can't wait til that new one arrives! Oh and congrats on the garden, you know I am terrible jealous!
My Mom has that same washer/dryer combo I think. If you figure out how to get it to not make the super loud buzz, please let us know!! It is incredibly loud!!!
And I miss you guys!! So happy for you at your new house, even though I miss you and left first! {{Hugs}}
You look SO great! I had to say that before I forgot. And congrats on your new place! It looks wonderful.
What a great new home for all of you, Amber! I can't wait to come out and stay with you when the baby comes! Love, MOM
So happy for you! A bigger home, a washer/dryer, a lawn, a garden, and a growing belly!! Lots to enjoy- congrats!! Miss and love you all!
Such a cute house, Ambs! I wish we could visit and see you in your own element. You do a great job keeping up with your blog. I'm trying! Can't wait to see more pics of Tyndale! Love and misses...
Hmmmm.... that all sounds so nice. Some day. So happy for you!
Post a Comment