52 years ago, Dad (as a youth) described Mom in this concise phrase: "She's a brat."
11 years later, they married.
11 children and 37 grandchildren later (with more on the way). . . they've decided they love each other more than ever.
This was when they were dating. Disneyland high school grad night 1963; 17 and 18

Here they are lip-singing Lucky I'm in Love With My Best Friend at our family reunion this last spring. But really, we all know it wasn't luck. They've really worked at it to keep "falling" in love over and over again!
On the other hand, I am the "lucky" one--so happy and blessed to be a part of the family they created and have worked so hard for!


4 comments:
Ambs, that was so cute! You are so good at keeping up. I am going to get back on the ball and catch up! (one of these days...)
We are so blessed to have parents that love each other. Love you, Ambs!
I love your parents--you have the best family, Amber!!! Love the "brat" story too! That's such a little boy thing to say about a girl he actually likes! LOL!
Yay!! We love Dad and Mom!!
CUTE post, Ambs. Love it!!
Post a Comment