Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Introducing Kedrik Asa


Kedrik Asa was born at 2:54 AM. He weighted 6 pounds 14.5 ounces, 19.5 inches long. You can't see it, but he has lots of dark hair, his mother's good looks, and his father's style. We will be adding more pictures just as soon as life gets back to the tranquil, pre-baby days. -Sam


Here's Ked in the pajamas Sam wore when he was a baby.


Ked and Sam with the doctor that delivered him. Wish I had a picture with the nurse too. They were both great.


Around 4am, just after he'd been cleaned up a little and dressed. I was a pretty happy camper at this point, besides just being overjoyed to see and hold our son. Saturday night and Sunday night I'd lacked sleep from painful contractions (back labor) and agonized through a day and a half until we were admitted Monday afternoon. But it just got worse at the hospital. I had slow progression throughout that afternoon and evening, though the pain and shaking and nausea increased. (I guess I couldn't get away with never throwing up from pregnancy.) Finally being able to get an epidural at 11pm was one of the sweetest mercies I've ever experienced. (And that was only after a little help from the nurse.)


Where his name came from:

Sam has been good friends with a guy named Kedrik since they became roommates when Sam started at BYU. He was still Sam's roommate when Sam and I started dating. I also think really highly of him--a good guy and a good friend (and fun and adventurous), and we both really liked the name. Here's a picture of Sam and Ked from the spring of 2009.


Asa was the name of one of Sam's bishops at BYU--also a man he really respected and admired. It is also a name from the Bible; a man who "did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord" and whose "heart was perfect with the Lord all his days." -Amber


19 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Congratulations!!! We are very excited for you and glad to see Kedrik arrive safely. (Thanks for giving us the name entimology, I wondered were you got the names.)

Love,

Melissa, Morgan, Eli and Josh

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness...he's perfect! I totally see Sam in him. He is so tiny. It's so sad how quickly you forget how little they once were. Enjoy that baby boy. It goes too fast. Love you guys! We're so happy for you!

Megan said...

Awww. Congratulations! He is perfect, you guys!

Matt Hortin said...

Congratulations, you two (three). He's a good looking kid. In 16 or 21 years he can give my girl a call. Just cause he has good parents. Oh, and Amber, you made Tiff jealous, she is still sitting here with a round belly.

Kate said...

I love the sentiment and meaning behind his names! I'll be dreaming of when I get to hold him! I've loved talking pregnancy/ baby talk with you. You are already a natural mother and now comes the real joy. Soak up every second! Lots of love from all of us here. xoxo

J and L said...

Congratulations Amber! He's beautiful! And I really like his name!

Monica said...

Congratulations, Amber and Sam! How blessed you are!

Jason said...

He rules! Like Heidi said, life goes fast, but I still remember the first week or so of my babies' births like I was living in slow motion, so enjoy it. Love the name!

Jason said...

Nice to see the boy is getting some good imprinting with Sam's BYU shirt! You're already raising him right. Good job!

Dayna Slack said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Caity said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is a beautiful boy! I'm really happy for you both! Good luck getting back to those pre-baby peaceful days :)

Johnson Family said...

Your little guy is a cutie. How fun to finally have your little boy here and in your arms. We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little boy in the next couple of weeks. Sweet times!

Kerri and Cody said...

Congratulations Amber!! (and Sam!) What a beautiful baby he is!! I like the names.. I always like the meaning behind names too.
One of our bishopric members is named Asa too.
So glad to see your little guy made it here safely :) How precious.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! You have such a beautiful family! Enjoy your new and precious gift of life.

Love,
Sonya

Anne said...

Amber,
Congrats to you and Sam. Kedrik is beautiful! All is well at THS but we miss you. I'm happy that you all look and sound well!
Anne

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I was out of town...and just got back last night. I can't believe I missed the news for this long! So excited for you. Hope you get some sleep!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby and you two look like such proud parents! :) Hope you all are doing well and adjusting to parenthood easily. :)

-Josh and Jamie Wagner

shannon said...

Yeah! Congratulations. Love the name. so happy for you.

haley said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Kedrick! He is cute! I think he looks like Sam. I hope you all are enjoying all the new things in your life.