Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pacifier Blues

I have to admit, as much as it tugged at my heart strings to see my boy so devastated, and as I did all I could to comfort him after his grandparents' dog chewed up his pacifier, I was secretly rejoicing.  Now I didn't have to be the bad guy!  He didn't know I had a spare, and didn't yet realize I could buy another at the store!

Eventually, however, the reality of living in a house that was temporarily home for several families and family members and knowing that Ked was not the only one that was going to be up all night the whole Thanksgiving trip led me to finally pull out the spare.  The offers for a proper burial and ceremony had done nothing to appease him.  And though he eventually tearfully and angrily demanded it all be put in the trash, that didn't mean he had accepted his loss.  Oh well. . .  some day. . .   soon!

Ked 3 1/4 years old

No comments: