Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Prayer of a Sleep Deprived Mother

I started composing this in my head around 2am one recent morning. . . It progressed (and became a little more exaggerated) as the night went on.

Now I lay me down for the 50th time tonight
I beg and plead that I might sleep alright
And if my boys continue to wake me every quarter hour
I pray that when I wake I won't be grumpy and sour
And when my husband's alarm goes off in not too long
I ask that I not hear the song
Or at least that he won't push snooze time after time
So I can enjoy just a few moments of sleep sublime

Can anyone relate? It's a good thing these little ones come so irresistibly adorable and loveable!

1 comment:

Dayna Slack said...

oh I can relate. I think that is the most challenging part of motherhood.