Monday, June 14, 2010

Little Hikes

June 5, 2010

Sam and I took Ked in his backpack (when he'd stay in it--he's starting to not like it as much) to a couple of small hikes. The forests and scenery were beautiful, and it was fun being out together.
Ked and Amber at the Wind Rock overlook. Ked gives a cheer at our (ten minute hike) accomplishment.

We'd thought about inviting our friends, Jason and Laura and kids, to come with us. But since it was last minute and we were kind of playing it by ear (Ked's schedule) and we got side tracked, we didn't. To our surprise, there was their car at the trail head of War Spur (and they had been thinking of inviting us as well)! We caught up to them just as they were leaving the overlook. They came back and hung out and hiked back with us.
We ate lunch and explored the cool rock ledges at the overlook and let Ked climb around. We just didn't let Ked go near the big, fat rattle-snake that shared the ledges with us!


All the kiddos fell asleep on the 1.7 mile hike back (until I woke one when I had them stop to take the picture). I did try to prop Ked's head up, but he really did want it just as it was.

2 comments:

MOM/Kandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MOM/Kandy said...

What a great photo of the parents with their babies hiking!! Look how Ked is comfy enough to nap!