Sunday, March 22, 2009

Virginia Here We Come!

The weekend before I went to California for the Great Race, Sam went to Virginia. (Yea, people were starting to wonder about us taking trips separately. Believe me, I would have much preferred that we could have both gone to both places together!) Virginia Tech flew him out to check out their grad program. (Yep, he's a smarty.)

Sam stayed with my sister Summer and her family. Ever since Murphy (Summer) and I realized Sam was looking into Virginia Tech (Clint is in med school out there), we've been careful not to get our hopes up too much. Every time Sam would say something leaning towards VT, I'd call her up and tell her the news, but warn her again not to get her hopes up, and I'd try not to get mine up either. How cool would that be if we ended up living in the same town all the way on the other side of the U.S.?

Clint, Lindy, Sum, Paige, Kaden

Sam didn't get any pictures of the campus activities, but he got this great shot of himself with Kaden.
This is Paige's little smiley smirk I've heard so much about that I can't wait to see in person!
Summer called me as soon as Sam was on the plane back to Utah and joked, "I just want you to know, I've prayed about it and fasted about it, and I feel really good about you guys moving out here." :) Turns out, after getting a better view of the program out there, Sam was feeling pretty good about it, but it wasn't until a week later (after we'd been praying and fasting about it for months) when I was in California that he told me on the phone that he wanted to go to Virginia Tech for sure. No need to convince me!

No comments: